Ramping up for the next stage of our growth as a non-profit society we're looking for more great people to come and help us out.
Volunteers: Yes, as we are growing, we need more volunteers to assist with cooking, picking fruit, running programs, teaching classes, shopping, being a vendor at markets, taking on programs such as the snacks for E4C or the partnering of pickers and homeowners, computer work, administration, being our shopper and all other sundry occupations. It is rewarding work and you get to take home lots of fruit in the summer.
Some more specific ways of getting involved:
1. Membership: Please be a member and contribute what you can in terms of skills and time. Here is a link to the application form and it is free and good for one calendar year. This will put you on the list to be invited to general meetings and qualifies you to run for a board seat. We welcome all input and hope you can join us.
2. Strategic Planning: We have a small committee that is looking into getting us more formally organized and as this process has just started we are still looking for members who might be interested in helping with this structure.
3. Managing the Farmer’s markets: We are looking for a volunteer to take over the management of the farmer’s markets. This entails recruiting and training volunteer vendors, making sure all the equipment is in place, filling in as a vendor when needed, and some paper work associated with accounting for the cash and inventory.
4. Coordinating the fruit picking throughout the summer and fall: This involves keeping an active list of donors, managing where volunteer pickers are to go and notifying homeowners of the arrival of pickers.
5. Part time teacher for classes: Looking for someone comfortable teaching hands-on classes and has a working knowledge of preserving. Additional training will be provided. Must have a vehicle and be available evenings.
For further information please call our line at 780-244-0129 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.