Number of volunteers/positions needed: 1 position
Location: Can mostly be done at home; meeting with directors/committee may be needed from time to time.
Authority and Accountability:
- Maintain complete sets of financial books and keep records of all accounts for Fruits of Sherbrooke (FOS).
- Financial data entry for all FOS transactions including sales, purchases, accounts payable and receivable.
- Verify the procedures created are used correctly for accurate recording of financial transactions.
- Prepare a yearly Trial Balance or as required.
- Generate monthly reports for the Treasurer in the form of an Income Statement (P&L), Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement.
- Reports to the Treasurer.
- The FOS Bookkeeper should hold a Bookkeeping and Accounting Technology certificate (or equivalent) and/or demonstrate past experience.
- Working knowledge of general accounting practices would be an asset.
- As a task orientated person, the FOS Bookkeeper will be able to demonstrate their detailed and efficient bookkeeping skill set.
- Working knowledge of SAGE50 and Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of other accounting software programs like (QuickBooks) would be an asset.
- As a team player, the FOS bookkeeper should actively support the reporting needs of the organization’s Treasurer as it applies to monthly reports, yearly reports and other statistical data derived from our accounting software.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Information Check. We will give you a letter to confirm you are a volunteer as well as reimburse you for the $15 fee.
- Responsible for the financial data integrity.
- Maintain financial records using a combination of a manual and/or electronic bookkeeping system.
- Post transactional journal entries, reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books and maintain general ledgers for all accounts.
- Help Treasurer generate and prepare reports using FOS accounting software, as required.
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll, supplier invoices, government remittances as well as other FOS expenditures.
Age Requirement: None
Dress Code: Casual
Term: The commitment to FOS board in the roles of Bookkeeper is at least one year.
Time Commitment: Approx.15-20 hours a month
Job Type: Volunteer Committee Member