Fruit Stars Program - Kitchen Supervisor
Number of Volunteers Needed: 1 position
Location: Westmount Community League; 10978-127 St., Edmonton
Authority and Accountability:
- Ensure volunteers adher to safe food handling and quality control procedures.
- The Fruit Stars Kitchen Supervisor is a volunteer Fruits of Sherbrooke (FOS) committee position
- Accountable to the Production Director
- Fruit Stars Kitchen Supervisor is a voting member of FOS
- Works with the Volunteer Director and small groups of volunteers
- Training will be provided
- Ensure volunteers adhere to safe food handling and quality control procedures.
- Contact scheduled volunteers to confirm their shift a couple of days in advance
- Record and submit volunteers hours to the Volunteer Director
- Working in the kitchen to make jams
- Manage small groups of other volunteers
- Subject to confidentiality agreement
- Must be able to be on-site, Thursdays, 9am until noon, October to end of April.
- Must have a Safe Food Handling Certificate or willing to attend the appropriate training to obtain one
- Enjoys working with and managing people
- Willing and able to stand and work at the stove to make jams
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Organized and detail orientated
- Related experience would be an asset
- Access to a computer, internet and cell phone
- Comfortable with Google Gsuite, email and basic office/internet software
- Wants to make a difference in their community
Age Requirement: None. However best suited for a mature person
Dress Code: Casual
Term: The commitment to the FOS is a minimum of one year
Time Commitment: Approx. 12-15 hrs a month — October to end of April (7 months). Some months may require more time and others less.
Job Type: Volunteer Committee Member