AMARETTO PEAR COFFEE CAKE
Recipe created and shared by Chef Danielle Job of Prairie Catering, Edmonton.
Butter ½ cup, softened
Brown sugar ¾ cup
Fruits of Sherbrooke
Amaretto Pear Jam ½ cup
All purpose flour 2 cups
Baking powder 2 teaspoons
Salt ½ teaspoon
Milk ¾ cup
Fresh pears 3, peeled, cored and halved
Butter 2 Tablespoons
Brown sugar ¼ cup
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. With a mixer beat ½ cup butter, ¾ cup brown sugar together until smooth and fluffy. Add egg and mix until well blended then add the jam and incorporate well.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Slowly add to the butter mixture alternating with milk until combined well.
4. Lightly grease your Bundt pan if needed. Drop small pieces of the remaining butter all around the bottom of the pan and then sprinkle with the brown sugar. Lay the pears on the bottom of the pan with the cored side up facing up to you and then pour the batter over the pears.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cake sit and cool for 45 minutes. Then place a plate over the top of the baking pan, flip the cake out and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.