Fruit Rescue - Kitchen Work
Number of volunteers needed: 3 - 4 Positions
Dates: Thursdays (June to September)
Time: 9am until 2pm (Min. 3 hrs, preferred 5 hrs)
Location: Westmount Community League; 10978-127 St., Edmoonton
Tasks: Preparation and cleaning of fruit to be used in our products.
- Eco- Washing and cleaning of fruit
- Chopping of fruit
- Weighing and preparing fruit for storage
- Making jams for school donations – if there is time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All duties will be under direction of trained Supervisor
- You will be working with a small group of other volunteers
- Subject to confidentiality agreement
- May involve standing for periods and may also involve some knife skills. You will be working with hot surfaces and sharp equipment
- Need to be able to follow instructions
- Responsible and reliable
Age Requirement: None (Teens are welcome to come with a parent)
Dress Code: Casual. No open toed shoes.