Location: Can mostly be done at home; meeting with volunteers and directors will be needed from time to time. As a board director you will also need to attend member and board meetings.
Authority and Accountability:
- The Volunteer Director is a volunteer director of the Fruits of Sherbrooke (FOS) board
- Helps to identify volunteer opportunities and strives to fill needed shifts and positions within the organization
- Accountable to the FOS Board of Directors and Membership
- The Volunteer Director is a voting member of the board
- Must be organized and be able to manage people
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Related experience and leadership skills would be an asset
- Access to a computer and internet
- Comfortable with Google Gsuite, email and basic office/internet software
- Monitor and respond to email inquiries in a timely manner
- Work with other directors, committee chairs and program leads to match volunteers with appropriate opportunities
- Work with the marketing committee to recruit new volunteers
- Help directors and committee chairs write job descriptions as required
- Makes sure volunteers are signed up as members of FOS and that signed membership forms are sent to the Secretary
- Establish a volunteer recognition system
- Work to expand the roles of volunteers within the organization
- Collect and record volunteer hours monthly
- Follow up with volunteers as well as program leads to assess satisfaction or concerns and follow up accordingly
- Write letters of recognition regarding number of volunteer hours done for school students and others who need a written record
- Create information packages for new volunteers about FOS vision and mission.
- Explore new ways of involving individual volunteers as well as corporate groups or community groups to be part of the FOS work
Term: The commitment to the FOS board is a minimum of two years.
Time Commitment: 15-20 hrs a month. Some months may require more time and others less.
Job Type: Volunteer board director