MAKE YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS GIFTS OF JAM
Christmas Gift Jam Making Class
Want to create unique gifts this year and learn how to make jams at the same time?
Fruits of Sherbrooke is offering a number of Christmas Gift Jam Making sessions.
Classes are limited to 5 participants only, so you can get lots of support and time and space to get your jams done. For a small additional fee, you can bring a friend or partner to help you accomplish your project.
The class is set up as follows:
· 3 hour class where you will complete 24 jars of your own unique jam.
· You will preselect from the standard recipes below – so we can have the correct ingredients available for you.
· At class you will do your first batch of the standard jam and then we will help you customize it by adding spices, citrus flavours or turn it into a condiment. Once you have perfected your recipe with the first batch, you will then be ready to complete the next batches with your own unique recipe to create your 24 jars in total.
· We will provide all the tools and equipment as well as have all the ingredients in place. We will have staff to support you throughout.
· At the end of the session, you will have your own recipe, 2 dozen jars of product using that recipe and total confidence in making jams.
$150 will register you to create your own recipe and make 24 jars of jam. You do not have to do the shopping, have all the equipment nor clean the kitchen and if that is worth $50 in saved labour and time, then the jars of jam will cost about $4 each.
$50. For an additional fee you can bring one assistant to help you in the creation of your product and they can also learn the process and make an additional 6 jars of your same jam.
Please select your date and recipe base from the choices below.
DATES: At this time we are offering 2 dates and will arrange for more if there is interest. There needs to be a minimum of 3 students to run the class. Payment will be accepted in advance.
Monday November 6, 2017 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Tuesday November 14, 2017 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Basic Starting Recipes - Please select one.
Remember that this is your starting point, and we will help you add fresh orange, lemon or lime, or freshly grated ginger, or one or two wonderful spices to make your signature jam. If you want to create a condiment we have a variety of vinegars, chili, garlic, onion, and other spices. You will make all your 24 jars with the same recipe that you have created. There is not enough time to make different flavours in different batches.
Jellies can be made from the following base juices:
Local Cherry Juice
Apple or Crab Apple Juice
We will have a choice of alcohols that can be added to your recipe. If you choose to use them, there will be an additional fee.
LOCATION: Westmount Community League.
TO REGISTER: Please call 780-244-0129 or email: email@example.com Give us your name, contact information and your dates and recipe choice. Payment must be made in advance to reserve your spot and can be by credit card over the phone or a cheque in the mail. If you are unable to attend, we will accept a friend in your place.
Look forward to seeing you in class.